VIKTOR's RFEM integration requires a specific RFEM worker which can be downloaded here.
Analyzing an RFEM model in VIKTOR can be done using the
RFEMAnalysis class (worker required). The RFEM model is
- input .rfx file which has to be created manually
- list of actions which are to be performed sequentially
Creating the actions
The following actions can be defined:
Please click on the actions above to navigate to their reference for more detail on the meaning of each action.
from viktor.external.rfem import EnergyOptimizationAction, CopyNodalLoadAction, WriteResultsAction
sls_cases = [1, 2, 3]
sls_optimization = EnergyOptimizationAction(sls_cases, goal=10000, accuracy=0.1) # goal = 10 kNm, accuracy = 10 cm
als_cases = [4, 5, 6]
als_optimization = EnergyOptimizationAction(als_cases, goal=15000, accuracy=0.1) # goal = 15 kNm, accuracy = 10 cm
uls_cases = [7, 8, 9]
uls_creation = CopyNodalLoadAction(list(zip(sls_cases, uls_cases)), factor=1.5) # ULS = SLS x 1.5
# Write action
write_result_action = WriteResultsAction(sls_cases + als_cases + uls_cases) # or can be left empty = all cases
actions = [sls_optimization, als_optimization, uls_creation, write_result_action]
Running an RFEM analysis
The model can be fed to the
RFEMAnalysis as follows:
from viktor.external.rfem import RFEMAnalysis
# Generate the input RFX file.
input_file = ...
# Run the analysis and obtain the results.
analysis = RFEMAnalysis(input_file, actions=actions)
model = analysis.get_model()
result_lc1 = analysis.get_result(load_case=1)
result_lc2 = analysis.get_result(load_case=2)
mock_RFEMAnalysis decorator for easier testing of
RFEMAnalysis.execute needs to be mocked within
the context of (automated) testing.
viktor.testing module provides the
decorator that facilitate mocking of workers:
from viktor import File
from viktor.testing import mock_RFEMAnalysis
from app.my_entity_type.controller import MyEntityTypeController
1: File.from_path('test_file.json'), # <load_case>: <File>
For the decorator's input parameters the following holds:
- If a Sequence type is provided, the next entry is returned for each corresponding method call. When a call is performed on a depleted iterable, an Exception is raised.
- If a single object is provided, the object is returned each time the corresponding method is called (endlessly).
- If None is provided (default), a default File/BytesIO object (with empty content) is returned each time the corresponding method is called (endlessly).