VIKTOR web applications are easy to distribute and use by others. There are, however, some restrictions in place in terms of supported platforms and software.
VIKTOR app use is supported (and regularly tested) on the following browsers:
- Chrome (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Firefox (Windows, Mac, Linux)
We support the latest versions of these browsers. If you encounter problems running our web application, check that your browser version is not outdated or that the browser you are using is not discontinued.
Supported screen sizes
The VIKTOR platform is built with desktop users in mind. While larger tablets might be able to display VIKTOR effectively in landscape mode, some features might not work as expected.
Using VIKTOR apps on tablets
Using a VIKTOR app on a tablet is not officially supported, but might work depending on your usecase. We advice to test your specific usecase when you are considering use on a tablet. Some considerations:
- screen size: if the tablet has a sufficiently large screen, the viktor interface probably scales well enough to work in landscape mode.
- browser: chrome on android probably works, but is not actively tested.
- input device: on a tablet, a touch screen is used instead of a mouse. This difference is not actively tested, but it seems that most functionality correctly works.
Some things you can do to make the most of the limited screen size:
- choose a flat app structure (
editor). This eliminates the entity tree and simplifies navigation.
- separate your input on pages with only input or only output. Again, this makes the interface simpler.
Using VIKTOR on mobile phones
Using VIKTOR apps from a mobile phone is not supported. Although it is technically possible to access the application from the web, the small screen makes the interface practically unusable.